Personalized Health Care starts here
Your unique genes – your unique nutrition focus areas. We each have a unique set of genes – did you know that they can offer insight into how we respond to certain foods, exercise and even medication? Have you ever wondered why some people can lose weight easily whilst others struggle? The answer could be in your genes!
We offer the following DNAlysis tests:
- DNA Diet – The test gives insight into how your body metabolizes carbohydrates and fats and the specific type of meal plan to follow: low carbohydrate/mediterranean/low fat; as well as the amount of exercise you should aim for each week.
- DNA Health – This gives a comprehensive picture of how your body metabolises cholesterol (risk for heart disease), bone health (risk for osteoporosis), metabolism of B Vitamins and risk for certain types of cancer, inflammation and oxidative stress, insulin sensitivity, lactose intolerance, caffeine metabolism, salt sensitivity, iron overload
- DNA Oestrogen – How your body metabolizes oestrogen and the specific health and wellbeing interventions to manage oestrogen.
- DNA Sport – Sporting potential of endurance or strength, recovery time and risk of injury.
- DNA Skin – Insight into how your skin could age and the lifestyle, nutrition, nutraceutical and cosmeceuticalinterventions to support healthy skin.
- Pharmacogenomics (mygeneRx) – The way your body processes certain types of medication.
- Coeliac Risk – Possible gluten intolerance
What to expect
At the first consultation you will be given a test kit to do a 30-60 second swab of the inside of your mouth/cheeks. You will be able to choose which test combinations you would like to do (Diet, Health, Oestrogen, Sport, Skin).
A comprehensive health and diet history is discussed. The swab is sent to the laboratory and the results are available within two to three weeks.
At your follow-up visit you will receive a unique Meal Plan based on your unique genes as well as personalised recommendations for health interventions or need for supplementation.
The DNAlysis tests are a great way to motivate you to implement a lifestyle supportive of your health and wellbeing.
To find out more about DNA Testing, download a document here.