We offer the following DNAlysis tests:
- DNA Diet – The test gives insight into how your body metabolizes carbohydrates and fats and the specific type of meal plan to follow: low carbohydrate/mediterranean/low fat; as well as the amount of exercise you should aim for each week.
- DNA Health – This gives a comprehensive picture of how your body metabolises cholesterol (risk for heart disease), bone health (risk for osteoporosis), metabolism of B Vitamins and risk for certain types of cancer, inflammation and oxidative stress, insulin sensitivity, lactose intolerance, caffeine metabolism, salt sensitivity, iron overload
- DNA Oestrogen – How your body metabolizes oestrogen and the specific health and wellbeing interventions to manage oestrogen.
- DNA Sport – Sporting potential of endurance or strength, recovery time and risk of injury.
- DNA Skin – Insight into how your skin could age and the lifestyle, nutrition, nutraceutical and cosmeceuticalinterventions to support healthy skin.
- Pharmacogenomics (mygeneRx) – The way your body processes certain types of medication.
- Coeliac Risk – Possible gluten intolerance
What to expect:
At the first consultation you will be given a test kit to do a 30-60 second swab of the inside of your mouth/cheeks. You will be able to choose which test combinations you would like to do (Diet, Health, Oestrogen, Sport, Skin). A comprehensive health and diet history is also discussed. The swab is sent to the laboratory and the results are available within two to three weeks. At your follow-up visit you will receive a unique Meal Plan based on your unique genes as well as personalised recommendations for health interventions or need for supplementation. The DNAlysis tests are a great way to motivate you to a lifestyle supportive of your health and wellbeing.